Back to school and preparing for the year ahead?
Check out our blog post for some top tips ?
Here at NERAP we love to see young people succeed so we have put together a few helpful reminders to make the school year your best one yet!
Be prepared ?
Whether you are preparing for exams or taking your next steps towards higher education, staying organised is key.
- When working to deadlines, keep yourself accountable by making a list and setting achievable goals.
- Make sure that you have all the information you need by doing your own research or asking a teacher or friend!
- Create a schedule that works for you, planning time to stay focused as well as giving yourself enough time to rest.
- Jot down upcoming deadlines to visual your time and place it somewhere you can always access (even if that’s your mirror!)
Balance your work and play! ?
Be your best self by finding the balance between studying and recharging. You can’t pour from an empty cup!
- Make time for your hobbies! Taking a break from your studies can help to make your focused periods more productive so make time to do something you enjoy.
- Use a timer to make sure that you stay focused during study sessions and know when to take a break.
- Get out and explore – Going for a walk has been found to increase mental capacity and give your brain a ‘boost’!
Stay motivated ?♂️
Finding the best way to study can help to keep you motivated.
- When studying, experiment with different techniques to find the one that suits your revision style the best.
- Reward yourself! Whether that’s having a sweet treat after completing a task, or organising something fun, don’t forget to give yourself a bit of praise.
- Don’t lose sight of the bigger picture. Keep a reminder of your goals close by to stay focused on what you want to achieve. Making an action plan can help to take it step by step and stay motivated!
Don’t forget that the NERAP team are always available for any questions on our live chat in the bottom right corner of our website. Keep up-to-date by following our Twitter @NERAP_Team and see what we are getting up to!
Thank you for reading and have an amazing school year ?