We provide an in-school primary workshop for Year 2 – 7 pupils which has had great feedback from pupils and teachers. Delivered by NERAP Staff and supported by current undergraduate students, the activity provides a fun, interactive introduction to university with follow-on activities that you can choose:
- Exploring Careers: Pupils are introduced to exciting graduate jobs in the following areas: Science, Arts, Media, Sport & Humanities. Pupils will complete a quiz to see which careers might suit their personality.
- Design a Student: Pupils will learn about different aspects of student life- including studying, student accommodation, sports and societies. They will use the information they have learned to create their very own student.
- Design a Society: After learning about the different clubs and societies there are at university, pupils will work in pairs to design their own societies. They must think about what their society is, what events they will have and which celebrities they would invite to their events.
- Quiz: Why not round the session off with a quiz? Pupils will put their knowledge to the test as they work in teams to answer university quiz questions for points.
The workshop can be delivered with groups of up to 100 pupils – some schools prefer us to work with their students in their class groups, others prefer us to see the whole year group at once. Our staff lead the workshop and we’d bring along current university students to work with your pupils in smaller groups and support them with the activities.
Sessions can last anywhere between an hour or a half-day, and we can work flexibly around the school’s timetable.
- Exploring the types and variety of careers.
- To explore the variety of courses on offer at university.
- To explore societies and the fun side of university.
As our Supporting Primary activities are designed to be as interactive as possible and use a lot of Partnership resources, unfortunately there is no direct online alternative. However, our KS2 Teacher’s Guide contains a series of lesson plans and supporting activities for you to deliver to your pupils. Please visit our Teacher’s Resources page in your dashboard.