As we journey into the new year, it’s a great time to think about how we may be feeling! Many of us might feel stressed or worried, so we wanted to have a look at how we can calm our mind together. Join us to look at some mindfulness techniques and some tips for reducing stress.
Going back to school can be a stressful time for students of all ages. From the pressure of getting good results to the social dynamics of being in a classroom, it’s easy to become overwhelmed. However, mindfulness can be a powerful tool for managing stress and staying calm through some tough situations.
Here are some tips for incorporating mindfulness into your school routine:
- Take a few minutes each day to focus on your breathing. This can be done in a quiet place or even in the middle of a busy classroom. Simply take a deep breath in, hold it for a few seconds, and then exhale slowly. Repeat this process for a few minutes, focusing on the sensation of your breath moving in and out of your body.
- Practise mindful listening. When someone is speaking to you, give them your full attention. Don’t let your mind wander or think about something else. Listen actively and try to understand their perspective.
- Take breaks throughout the day to stretch, move, or even go outside. Being cooped up in a classroom all day can be draining. By taking a few minutes to move your body, you’ll be able to come back to your work with renewed energy.
- Reflect on your day at night before you go to bed. Take a few minutes to think about what you learned, what you’re grateful for, and what you’d like to improve on tomorrow. This can help you let go of any lingering stress from the day and fall asleep more easily.
- Try to remove any distractions from around you as you work, these distractions can cause you to lose focus on your work and increase your stress levels. Removing them can help you to get work done easily and stress-free. You can try to turn off your mobile phone when trying to work, so you don’t feel any temptation to look at it.
Remember, mindfulness is a skill that takes time and practice to develop. Be patient with yourself and keep trying new techniques until you find what works for you. By incorporating mindfulness into your school routine, you’ll be better equipped to handle stress and stay calm in tough situations.
For some more tips on reducing stress in your life, have a look at the following websites: