Our fully-trained team of Higher Education Ambassadors can go into schools to attend Options Evenings and deliver talks to students about different aspects of university life. You can find out what the Partnership offers below.Your one stop shop of everything to do with University. From Accommodation to studying and exploring the extra curricular opportunities that Higher Education offers, your students will come out of the session understanding more about their options post-compulsory education
- Open Evenings/Information Fairs
- Our representatives can bring along an information stand and resources to your event. They will talk to pupils and parents about progressing to Higher Education, answer questions and offer information on courses available at each of our 5 partner universities: Durham University, Newcastle University, Northumbria University, University of Sunderland & Teesside University
- Student Life Presentation/Quiz (Years 7-11)
- 30-45 mins
- Our one stop shop of everything University. From accommodation to studying and exploring the extra curricular opportunities that Higher Education offers, your students will come out of the session understanding more about their options post-compulsory education. This session can be delivered a 30 minute talk or as a workshop with a fun, interactive quiz.
- Lego Engineering (Years 7-8)
- 45 mins- 1 hour
- Students explore engineering through Lego and try their hand at designing, building and racing their own vehicles in a fun competition against their peers.
- Student Finance Presentation (Years 10-11)
- 30 mins
- We dispel the myths about Student Finance and take you through what money is available, the repayment process and relieve some common concerns that students and parents have with regards to finance.
- Applying to HE: UCAS for Parents
- 30 mins
- Let us take your parents/carers on a whistle-stop tour of University, all the way from Education to Employment. This quick guide will provide key dates and information about the research and application process for UCAS to support their young person at home. Ideal for sixth form/college open evenings.
If you would to find out more or to request a visit from us, please fill in the below form.