Supporting Primary is a half day, in-school activity for schools to offer to their Year 6 classes. The activity aims to introduce the concept of university and encourage enthusiasm surrounding education and further study.
Ran by NERAP’s Team and supported by Student Ambassadors, the activity includes a fun, interactive introduction to university as well as 5 optional follow on activities:
- Exploring Careers: Pupils are introduced to exciting jobs in the following areas: Science, Arts, Media, Sport & Humanities. Pupils will complete a quiz to see which careers best suit their personality.
- Design a Student: Pupils will learn about different aspects of student life- including studying, student accommodation, sports and societies. They will use the information they have learned to create their very own student.
- University Match-Up: Pupils are presented with university terminology cards. In teams and with the help of our student ambassadors, they must match each term to its definition.
- Design a Society: After learning about the different clubs and societies there are at university, pupils will work in pairs to design their own societies. They must think about what their society is, what events they will have and which celebrities they would invite to their events.
- Quiz: Why not round the session off with a quiz? Pupils will put their knowledge to the test as they work in teams to answer university quiz questions for points. There will be a prize for the winning team!
This activity is available to book for groups of up to 150 students, if you would like to find out more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 208 3128.