Choices Together is a six week programme for Looked After Young People in Year 10 and 11. Young people are offered the opportunity to find out what it’s like to be a university student, with the opportunity to try out some popular subjects, see where real students live and find out a little more about student life. We work closely with local authorities and designated teachers to offer an interactive and informative programme of events that helps students find out more about Higher Education.
What is it?
- Choices Together is the perfect opportunity to find out all about being a university student and what Higher Education could offer you in the future. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t thought about college or university – everyone is welcome!
- Our current university students will be with you every step of the way to help you out, answer questions and make sure you are having a good time.
- You will have the opportunity to visit three out of five North East universities and will be allocated based on your local authority.
Who is it for?
- To take part in Choices Together you must be in Year 10 or 11 at school and currently be in the care system.
How much is it?
- The activities and sessions are all completely FREE! We will also give you a meal at all the sessions so no need to worry about that.
Why should I go?
- As well as being great fun, we hope that you will get to make some new friends and perhaps learn a few things along the way.
If you would like to request a Choices Together flyer for the 2016-17 programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 2083128.