The North East Raising Aspiration Partnership provides a free single point of contact service to the region’s schools and colleges to ease access to activities designed to enhance Higher Education aspiration and attainment.
Individually, each university in the region delivers a wide range of programmes and activities to support Higher Education decision making. Jointly, we coordinate a range of collaborative activities for students in late Primary and Secondary Education and specific targeted support for vulnerable groups. The Partnership also delivers events for teachers, advisers, parents and carers to support information, advice and guidance given to young people across the Region.
Aims of the Partnership:
- To collaborate in the delivery of outreach for young people and vulnerable groups according to agreed priorities.
- To work with teachers, parents and carers to raise awareness and understanding of Higher Education opportunities.
- To identify where the Partnership can support schools to raise attainment in order to increase the number of young people in the region progressing to Higher Education.
- To improve the way in which schools and other relevant organisations engage with universities in the North East.
- To work collaboratively with key stakeholders and policy makers to inform and influence policy.
- To assess the impact of the Partnership in order to inform the future direction of this work.